The original idea for this post was inspired by Alice Spake, check out her post here: After Lockdown Bucket List. It made me think about what I want to do when we return to some sort of normality. Granted we don’t know when ‘normality’ may return in the UK, 2020 has certainly turned into a topsy-turvy kinda year.
Okay, it’s not exactly a bucket list we’d all want to be writing at the moment. However, it’s certainly given me some excitement & hope during this lull of a lockdown. These little things in life that I may have taken for granted before lockdown began, I can’t wait to have back in my life again.
My After Lockdown Bucket List
(not specifically in order!)
- See my boyfriend Jared – long-distance relationships are hard and I want cuddles
- See my friends
- Work back in the office & see my work colleagues
- Go out for lunch/dinner with my family
- Visit some country parks to enjoy the beautiful spaces we have in the UK
- Go to the cinema
- Have a proper date night with Jared
- Go food shopping without having to queue to get in
- Visit a Go Ape course
- Drive down to Southsea and walk along the seafront
- Visit various UK theme parks including Thorpe Park, Alton Towers & Chessington
- Go on a UK cred trip – cause it’s tradition to grab some new creds each year, right?
- Visit Center Parcs Longleat with Jared – booked our week holiday last year and in the process of moving it to September
- Go to Nando’s – just can’t beat a cheeky Nando’s!
- Be able to comfortably run 5k
- Have a weekend away somewhere in the UK
- Travel to a European theme park – provided that the COVID-19 situation is under control!
- The freedom to drive to wherever I want even if it’s to a local business or open space near my house
- Be confident enough to experiment with my make-up & potentially share on Twitter/Instagram
- Book Florida 2021 – it’s mine and Jared’s 30th birthday next year so we would like to be able to get our joint birthday celebration holiday booked at some point
It’s not a massive list by any means but it’s enough to keep me going. I hope you are all staying safe & keeping well during the lockdown. Sending all my love to you all. xoxo
What would be on your After Lockdown Bucket List?
What are you missing most during this lockdown?